13.3.11

Patterns

It's a big day in Beirut today, a big rally/protest/demonstration/commemoration day. As I type, horns are honking, people are shouting, crowds are gathering, loud-speakers are blaring. I imagine most everyone in Beirut is hearing similar things and will continue to for much of the day.

And if this time is like last time, when it's all over everyone will go home and tomorrow it's business as usual. It's a pattern we've seen before.

I've done several other photo collages of concrete blocks. Can't seem to stop myself from doing it. You can see them all by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. Am I right in thinking there are semi outdoor spaces behind these block patterns? I think I saw that in an apartment we were offered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Usually the washing machine hook up will be in a room with one wall made of these lattice-like blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the different shapes and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw the crowds on TV.

    ReplyDelete