29.4.11

AUB Archeology Museum

A few days ago I took the kids to the AUB Archeology Museum. I'd been there before, but it was several years ago. Back then, the kids couldn't read and the museum's renovation wasn't yet finished.

This is another museum that doesn't allow photos inside. That's why we gathered the kids for a photo before we went in.

The museum has a website that goes into detail about the collection. We decided to visit during our kid's spring break because the museum's operating hours (M-F 9-5 in the winter, 10-4 in the summer, closed on holidays) make it difficult to see the museum during the school year.

The displays in the museum are presented in an attractive accessible way, and even though it isn't a huge museum I could tell that my kids had seen more than they could take in all at once. So we'll go back when we have another chance, which I hope will be soon, and see it all again.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking bunch of kids, Mary Ann. I always find with either museums or galleries, that my active limit is 1.5 hours. I am better off going on a seasonal basis for this sort of length in preference to a day per year.

    Which is why I have not ventured beyond the pyramid of The Louvre as yet ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see that museum. But meanwhile, the smiling faces of the kids makes me happy too.

    ReplyDelete