27.9.11

Common Corbels

Another dip into the archives, another aray of corbels.  The scroll pattern is a popular one, seen in four of these today and one from yesterday. It's funny, but I considered leaving out redundant corbel patterns because we all know that once a thing is common it stops being special.

I included them anyway, in part because the truth about the scroll pattern is that you will see it everywhere. It's a very Beirut thing.

Lest I wear you out on corbels, I'll take a little break from this theme for a few days. There's lots more where these came from, days and days worth. But I'll wait.  I'd hate for corbels to stop being special.

2 comments:

  1. Architecturally, are they still corbels if they serve merely a decorative function? I have some of both. They have the appearance of corbels, but varying function. There is a mystery object Theme coming on on Saturday. Shall post with a link to you as my entry. Must get my act together ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting question--google tells me that decorative corbels are still called corbels. Thanks for the reminder about theme day. I'm off to find a mystery . . .

    ReplyDelete